Register to watch the Graduate Awards 2020 presentation
On 8 December 12 young chefs completed the final exam in kitchen or pastry at the University of West London. The competition, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, took place behind closed doors with social distancing in place.
Steve Munkley, vice-president of the Craft Guild of Chefs, said: “Young chefs were looking for activities to remain focused and engaged during lockdown and the preparation for this exam gave them a real drive to keep going.
“We sent out the criteria back in June and support was offered to chefs to help them practise these skills. The hard work paid off for the chefs and they must celebrate this achievement. Seeing the semi-finals run so smoothly made all the effort ensuring that these awards could go ahead so worthwhile.”
The chefs taking part in the Kitchen final exam are:
- Emma Louise Ryder, demi chef, RAF Club
- Faye Natalie De Souza, junior sous chef, Restaurant Associates
- Lorenzo di Stefano, chef de partie, The French House
- Robert McCreey Breen, chef de partie, The Royal Household
- Ben Dullea, apprentice chef
- Connor Anthony Bird, chef de partie, House of Commons
- Stephen Mark Naylor, senior chef de partie, Restaurant Story
- Jonathon Smith, demi chef de partie, Roux at Parliament Square
The chefs taking part in the Pastry finalal exam are:
- Katherine Altham, pastry chef, Roundthorn Country House
- Lillian Savage, demi chef de partie, The Royal Household
- Ranna Ameer, demi chef de partie, St James Hotel and Club
- Tiziana Russo, pastry chef, Aviator by Tag
Support the chefs on social media using the hashtag #CGCGradAwards.