Craft Guild of Chefs to recognise ‘culinary heroes’ at awards ceremony
The Craft Guild of Chefs has chosen to change their awards for 2021 to recognise the work of chefs across the country that have put people and their community first. The usual Craft Guild of Chefs Awards will return in June 2022.
The Craft Guild of Chefs are asking people to nominate chefs if they have:
- Worked tirelessly and selflessly in adversity
- Worked with charities and food banks to feed key workers or the vulnerable
- Switched the focus of their business to provide food and support to their community
- Supported and mentored colleagues to overcome mental health and wellbeing issues
- Spearheaded fundraising efforts to provide meals for their community
Nominated chefs can work anywhere in the industry including healthcare, education, restaurants, pubs, hotels, B&I, events and food development.
The 50 chefs selected by the judges will be invited to attend an exclusive reception at Landing-42 in London on 23 September 2021. At the event the 50 chefs will be awarded with a special lapel badge of recognition and three years membership to the Craft Guild of Chefs.
The chair of judges is Cyrus Todiwala, who will be presenting the awards. The entry deadline is Friday 18 June and if you are interested in nominating a chef, visit here.