Young Pastry Chef 2023 competition reveals eight finalists
Finalists will be required to prepare and present their dishes within a four hour timescale. The Patisserie items may be presented in any order when ready to serve. Finalists must supply all their own ingredients, equipment and presentation plates.
The finalists include:
- Amy Adams – Farnborough College – Heckfield Place
- Daniel Jarvis- Le Manoir Aux Quat’ Saisons
- Erin Whipp – Leeds City College
- Jack Kirby – Lygon Arms – Shrewsbury College
- Lewis Jackson – Gleneagles Hotel
- Maria Carbone – New City College
- Marta Sagan – Westminster Kingsway College
- Petra Vukovic- University College Birmingham – Adams Restaurant
Chair of Judges is Benoit Blin, with other judges including Mick Burke, Sarah Frankland, Matt Owens, Vicky Endersen, Stuart McLeod and Barry Johnson. The winner will be going to Milan for four days and working/ cook school with World Pastry Chef 2021 – Massimo Pica.