Dr Rupy and Prue Leith to join online seminar discussing NHS food review
The event will bring together a whole panel of experts to set about making the changes needed in hospital food over the next 50-100 years as identified in the Independent NHS Food Review.The topics up for discussion include food as medicine, sustainability and healthy & nutritious menus.
Adam Knights, marketing director at Rational UK and Ireland commented: ”We are excited to be working in partnership with The Chef’s Forum to provide a platform for individual from the hospital sector, including buyers, chefs, kitchen designers, equipment manufacturers, chief executives and catering managers who together can make a change for better hospital catering standards.”
TV presenter and food writer Leith will be making the introductory speech to the virtual seminar. The panel includes:
- Dr Rupy Aujla (GP, founder of Culinary Medicine UK and author of the Doctor’s Kitchen)
- Mike Ridder (Kitchen Consultant)
- Nicola Strawther (chief dietetic, Nottingham University Hospital)
- Colin Parry (Rational UK)
- Philip Shelley (chair of the NHS Hospital Food Review)
- Craig Smith (national chair of the Hospital Caterers Association)
- Neil Rippington (director of education at The Chefs’ Forum and instructor in culinary psychology, Harvard University)
Parry, sales director at Rational UK, added: “We are delighted to have gathered together some of the leading professionals in hospital sector catering for a meeting of minds on how best to action the objectives identified in the recent NHS hospital Food Review.
“We very much look forward to hearing from the various specialists on how the topics for discussion relate to their various roles and how we can work as a collective to support hospital food and catering operations.”
If you are interested in attending the free event, email email@example.com for more information.