U Dine reveals award winners
The U Dine Awards celebrate and recognise excellence across the university hospitality sector and are supported by the Institute of Hospitality (IoH). The awards were hosted by celebrity chef Brian Turner CBE.
In total seven awards were presented at the awards dinner including the special award for ‘Outstanding Contribution to University Hospitality’, which was awarded to The University of Edinburgh. The recipient of the special award was Ian McCauley, director of catering at the University of Edinburgh.
The chair of judges was Andy Daniels from Daniels Associates who commented: “This University and its foodservice team embrace innovation, with a development resource in house, their food concepts deliver relevant on trend offers to one of the country’s largest cohort of students and are a deserved Winner.”
All award winners:
- Sustainability Initiative Award: The University of Sheffield (sponsored by Adande Refrigeration)
- Street Food Award: University of Kent (sponsored by Mission Foods)
- Delivered ‘in’ Catering Award: University of Birmingham (sponsored by Soho Sandwich Co.)
- Café Concept Award: University of Leicester (sponsored by Lakeland Dairies Foodservice)
- Best University Venue Awards: University of Arts, London (sponsored by Birds Eye Foodservice)
- Innovation and Technology Award: Sodexo, Southampton Solent University (sponsored by Food Equipment Association)
- Outstanding Contribution to University Hospitality Award: The University of Edinburgh