Craft Guild of Chefs launches digital app
To celebrate the launch, the app will feature a code to secure membership to the Craft Guild of Chefs for just £25 (usually priced at £52.88 inclusive of VAT for a member). This offer is only available to 100 people and you have to be a new subscriber.
The app is currently launched in beta and available from both the Apple and Android app store. The app is for both members and non-members. The app features:
- The latest news from The Craft Guild of Chefs
- Access to read the latest issue of Stockpot magazine filled with news, tips and advice
- Information on the latest membership benefits (discount codes only available to Craft Guild of Chefs members)
- A dedicated area for student members or those under 25 years of age ‘Culinaire’ featuring information on competitions, grants and mentorship schemes
- A diary section with forthcoming Craft Guild of Chefs events and key industry dates
- A community section to enable networking with peers
Additional features that are yet to be added include a forum where chefs can collaborate and share ideas, ‘how to’ videos and a place to renew or sign up for membership.
Andrew Green, chief executive of the Craft Guild of Chefs, commented: “One thing that the Covid-19 pandemic has highlighted for many in the industry is the importance of community.
“At the Craft Guild of Chefs, we’ve always had our network at the heart of everything we do, which includes our popular supper clubs to our training and awards schemes.
“Over the year’s we have been asked to create a home for all of these resources on an app and following several months of hard work, I’m delighted to announce that we’ve launched a beta version in the app stores and a special mention must go to Matt Owens our vice chairman in pulling it all together.
“Over the coming months we will be expanding on the app’s features to give members more of what they want and need and make it an invaluable resource in the hands of our chef membership.”
The app can be accessed by searching CGOC in the app store: