Is creating innovative recipe ideas that end up on foodservice menus your passion? Do you have an interest in plant-based food, and are you a dab hand with a camera?
Squeaky Bean, the nation’s favourite plant-based lunchtime and quick dinner sidekick, is looking for a freelance ‘foodservice hero’ and influencer who can help to create delicious recipes using their ready-to-eat meat-free products, as well as generating engaging content that lands those all-important menu placements.
Following a hugely successful year in retail, with listings in major supermarkets, Squeaky Bean has delighted consumers with craveable food that allows flavour seekers to enjoy plant-based beyond dinner.
It now has big plans to expand into foodservice, and is looking for an all-rounder with commercial kitchen experience who knows what catering outlets look for when choosing their menu options.
In this brand-new role, the successful candidate will:
· Create simple, tasty and innovative recipes that align with Squeaky Bean’s core demographic of young flexitarians who love to experiment with their food, while appealing to busy kitchen chefs, high street food outlets and contract caterers as the plant-based products of choice
· Have recent experience in a commercial kitchen environment and be skilled in using commercial equipment to create simple, tasty and craveable food such as paninis, tacos, wraps, sandwiches, burgers, pizzas, stir-frys, salads and more (with a difference)
· Know what chefs look for when it comes to menu items – whether creating a tasty sandwich with Squeaky’s ready-to-eat chicken style pieces, or tacos with our plant-based ribs as the star of the show. You’ll know how to create impressive but achievable menus that can be easily replicated across multiple foodservice outlets
· Have access to camera and lighting equipment to take editorial quality images and video content of your recipe creations
· Although you don’t need to be vegan or vegetarian yourself, you’ll have knowledge of the plant-based food space, and be passionate about working within this fast-growing industry
· Be confident in public speaking – whether that’s talking to buyers and development chefs at high street eateries, or giving live recipes demos on Instagram
· Be flexible and available to travel to ad hoc development meetings as required and at short notice – predicted to be approximately two meetings per month (all expenses paid)
· Ideally have experience of producing content for Instagram and TikTok, although this is not essential. A sizeable following on your own social media channels would be a bonus
This is a freelance role on a retained basis, for approximately two to four days per month (variable). Competitive rates offered.
To apply, please send your CV, a covering note explaining why you should be Squeaky Bean’s foodservice hero, and examples of your recipe creations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 31st March.