Pastry Chef de Partie to be a key part of our professional team of award-winning
Pastry chefs in the Catering Services of the House of Commons.
£26,217 per annum + a Market Sector Allowance of £1,500 per annum
Full time, Permanent.
The Catering Services at the House of Common’s is one of the largest ‘In House’ catering operations in the country providing a high quality, customer focused service in multi- outlet venues.
Our talented and award-winning Pastry team provide an exclusive range of pastry items to our extensive fine dining, banqueting, brasserie, formal Tea Rooms and casual dining restaurants.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion to consistently deliver high standards of pastry food preparation and service in a busy environment
- Must be experienced in modern and classic- all round pastry production, including paste and chocolate work
- Has previous experience working in similar high-quality establishment, as a Pastry Chef de Partie
- Maintains a high-level professional standard
- Has excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work to deadlines
Skills and Experience
- Together with the Senior Chef, the post holder will be responsible for the efficient and effective running of a designated kitchen to include:
- The preparation, production and service of all menu and related items
- The organization, supervision and training of all new employees under their control
- The observance and enforcement of Food Safety, Health and Safety regulations
- To operate within and financial remit as specified
In addition to your salary, we offer an attractive range of benefits including:
- A very competitive industry salary
- 30 days’ annual leave (increasing to 35 days after first full leave year)
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan and bicycle loan
- Secure employment in an industry that isn’t noted for its stability
- Monthly Service Charge & paid overtime (voluntary & non-contractual)
- Excellent ‘In-House’ and external training for professional and career progression (either within the catering service or elsewhere in Parliament)
- Further development with encouragement to enter culinary competitions involvement with the Craft guild of Chefs and British Culinary Federation Societies with guidance from award winning mentors.
- 5 over 6 day working shift patterns with Sundays and all Bank Holidays off.
- Free staff meals and uniforms provided and laundered.
- Free Safety Shoes after 3 months.
- ‘Star Awards’ staff recognition scheme
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline
- On site gym
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV on our vacancy portal along with a supporting statement providing evidence against all the criteria listed in the job description.
All applications should be submitted via our vacancy portal: www.parliament.uk/about/working/working-for-commons.