Chef de Partie to be a key part of our professional team of award-winning chefs in
the Catering Services of the House of Commons.
£26,217 per annum + a Market Sector Allowance of £1,500 per annum
Full time, Permanent
Catering Services aim to deliver the best quality service with an enthusiastic and professional team for the benefit of all our customers.
We are responsible for the efficient operation of the House of Commons catering facilities within the agreed financial framework.
Together with the Senior Chef, the post holder will be responsible for the efficient and effective running of their designated kitchen.
Their responsibilities will include:
The preparation, production and service of all menu and related items
The supervision of staff under their brigade
Operating within Food Safety, Health and Safety regulations and financial remit.
We have Chef de Partie posts available in our new Terrace Cafeteria (opening October 2022) working Tuesday - Saturday inclusive, as well as posts working our standard full-time hours. Please specify in your supporting statement what posts you are interested in being considered for.
Skills and Experience
- Must have relevant catering qualifications (i.e., City and Guilds 706: 1 & 2 or NVQ level 1, 2 & 3 or equivalent qualification)
- Proven relevant kitchen experience in a similar position, working in all areas of the kitchen, working in a high volume, multi-outlet, high quality venue
- The ability to manage and motivate staff as part of a team often under pressure, and to prioritise workload to deliver a high-quality service
- Good awareness of current catering trends and catering practices
- Always maintains a high-level professional standard
Is flexible and able to work prioritise their work. Why Join? In addition to your salary, we offer an attractive range of benefits including:
- A very competitive industry salary
- 30 days’ annual leave (increasing to 35 days after first full leave year)
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan and bicycle loan
- Secure employment in an industry that isn’t noted for its stability
- Monthly Service Charge & paid overtime (voluntary & non-contractual)
- Excellent ‘In-House’ and external training for professional and career progression (either within the catering service or elsewhere in Parliament)
- Further development with encouragement to enter culinary competitions involvement with the Craft guild of Chefs and British Culinary Federation Societies with guidance from award winning mentors
- 5 over 6 day working shift patterns with Sundays and all Bank Holidays off
- Free staff meals and uniforms provided and laundered
- Free Safety Shoes after 3 months
- ‘Star Awards’ staff recognition scheme
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline
- On site gym
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV on our vacancy portal along with a supporting statement providing evidence against all the criteria listed in the job description.
All applications should be submitted via our vacancy portal: www.parliament.uk/about/working/working-for-commons