- Culinary Academy
- Careers & Training
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Useful Links
Head Chef - Chartwells (Lambeth) - Up to £24k
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK.
You will be part of a team that supports high quality education at this College by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and staff .You will be leading a team who have a passion for preparing food on a daily basis using fresh ingredients. It all starts with enjoyment-great tasting ,healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Head Chef working in conjunction with the General Manager to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of catering in this College.
- The Head Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Adopt a hands on approach taking responsibility for the food production covering pupil and staff feeding along with an extensive range of functions and events
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Head Chef will also be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in a role as Head Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a ‘big personality’ .Great people skills and be able to lead, develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
About The Company
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then please email an up to date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org