Eight young chefs named for the YNCOTY 2012 finals
Now in its third year, the competition is aimed at 18-23 year old chefs working in any sector of the industry and who are proven winners from other events. Past winners include Mark Stinchcombe from Lucknam Park Hotel in Wiltshire and Charles Smith from Marcus Wareing at The Berkeley Hotel in London.
The finalists are:
• Jack Allibone, Simpsons Restaurant, Birmingham
• Kristian Curtis, Simpsons Restaurant, Birmingham
• Lewis Gallagher, The Grill on the Hill, Blackburn
• Kevin Johnston, Banchory Lodge Hotel, Kincardineshire
• Chris Munroe, Royal Garden Hotel, London
• Ben Murphy, Koffmann’s at The Berkeley, London
• Rositsa Nikolova – House of Commons, London
• Indalecio Sebastiao, OGH, Guernsey
As well as the title of Young National Chef of the Year 2012, the winner will also receive prizes including a unique culinary study trip experience to The Lodge on Loch Goil, one of the finest five star exclusive experiences, courtesy of Churchill and Lockhart Catering, and a knife block with a selection of knives courtesy of Robert Welch.
The competition is run in partnership with Lockhart Catering Equipment, Unilever's largest brand Knorr, Electrolux Professional and Churchill.