- Culinary Academy
- Careers & Training
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Useful Links
Chef - White Oaks (Hove)
We are looking for an experienced Chef, based at Wavertree House in Hove.
- We are offering a very good salary of £9.00 per hour on a 34 hour per week contract. Overtime hours are also potentially available.
- Excellent working conditions.
- A rewarding environment.
- We also offer fantastic retail discounts offer with our "Perks at work" scheme
- We are looking for an experienced Chef, based at Wavertree House in Hove.
- Wavertree House offers a warm and homely environment for residents, specialising in residents with sight loss.
- This a very rewarding role, providing healthy meals and support to residents with a great team along-side you.
- Chefs will have a variety of responsibilities from preparation and cooking through to ordering and menu planning
- Ensuring that all food is prepared and served within a clean and hygienic environment adhering to health and safety regulations at all times
- An ability to cope well under pressure, an excellent team player, a passion for delivering high-class food, good organisation skills and the ability to multitask is essential
- You will be required to work under your own initiative and also as part of a team
- A smart and tidy appearance is imperative to this role
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally, you will have NVQ Level 1/2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- Proven experience as a Chef
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- The skills to produce great food
- Self-motivated and the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Team player
- A 'Can-do' attitude
White Oaks, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, is passionate about the business of retirement home and well-being, ensuring that retirement home residents are well fed, well cared for, valued and safe. We provide catering and in some sites housekeeping facilities to elderly residents.
As part of Compass Group, White Oaks offer the peace of mind, strategic partnerships, professionalism and security that comes from working within a large organisation.
For more information please contact email@example.com or call 07766443849